Every time this post comes around, I have to explain this.
Watch Dennou Coil, the most underrated anime pretty much ever.
- Yes, this is the standard of animation throughout the series.
- AND THIS IS A FILLER EPISODE.
- It’s basically about kids with what’s essentially Google Glass: The Game. The whole world is affected by this game. Traffic lights, school, anything.
- It’s good in the beginning and gets really, really good by the end.
- Shows the vulnerabilities of children.
- Well-written children in general. They fall under some tropes but they don’t suffer from the usual fallacies of writing children into series.
- And yeah, the filler episodes are really good. The whole series is worth watching.
Reblogging as a reminder to myself
wish this show was longer.
PLEASE WATCH DENNOU COIL IT’S REALLY COOL!!!!!
This is the episode I always think of when I think about how much I love the visuals in Dennou Coil. Still an amazing show that not enough people have seen.
I FORGOT ABOUT DENNOU COIL
I didn’t have time to draw a cute bot chibi so we just get Drift-kun with toast again.
I’m going to be at NDK this weekend in Denver Colorado, I have no idea where I’ll be sitting because I’ve been bad with my emails but I hear the alley isn’t that big so just look for the table with all the hot robots.
I am also happy to announce that I am the Guest of Honor at Empires Comics Creative Women Mini-Con in Sacramento! They are hosting an amazing event that highlights and celebrates a lot of really awesome women in the industry. I’m incredibly honored to have been invited, and I hope that if you’re in the area you can drop by and show your support!
Stabs & Snipes //
Quick personal piece of my main ladies, Tripp and Imani! I can’t say enough good things about the character designs from my coworkers here at Motiga. Every hero looks like the embodiment of what they do, and the natural diversity of cast is a point of pride.
She was supposed to be the next Magical Girl, but the dog touched the magical artifact first!
Now she has to help her pet fight evil and also prevent it from flying all over the place in search of bacon.
Inspired by a goofy skype conversation and not a real thing ;0
This should absolutely be a real thing. Maybe 4 koma.